This week on The Texas Monitor: Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner is pummelled with questions after his press secretary used city resources for personal business and a Bell County Justice of the Peace is publicly reprimanded after complaints call for her removal from office.
Also this week:
- HCC trustee claim: Fellow trustee does not live in her district
- Dallas ‘Stop Arm’ program tainted with questions, allegations of bribery
- Study: Texas tops in state Supreme Court election fundraising
- HCC trustee bribery fallout puts college system’s accreditation in question
- Could the case of the North Texas red light runaround soon be over?
- Bell County justice of the peace sanctioned, criticized
- Teachers having sex with minors a major problem in Texas