This week on The Texas Monitor: mounting pressure in the House Speaker race from the GOP and the New Leadership PAC; Rep. Phil King weighs in on a law he sponsored that mitigates the impact of the pending Paxton prosecutor pay case; and the Montrose Management District is ordered to pay back $6.6 million while business owners continue to speak out.
Also this week:
- Subpoenas issued for Houston mayor’s confidante in recycling deal
- Denton voters demanded ethics reform at the ballot box
- Corpus Christi judge suspended in wake of road rage incident
- Two state foster care contractors fail to follow safety requirements, auditors say
- Ethics commission tosses out three of four complaints against AISD
- Cedar Hill officials OK’d plan that secretly boosted their property values